Sunday, May 10, 2009

Really need an assistant...lol

Wow, I really need a "life assistant"...lol. If I had someone like that in my life I would be able to do what I need to get done everyday. Well, I don't see any hands from anyone volunteering for the job....LOL.

I have been struggling with following the program for the last few weeks. I know what needs to be done and I know I need to be doing it, but I just don't seem to be doing it. Now don't get me wrong. I haven't completely given up and stopped following the program completely. I am able to stick with it Monday through Friday, during the day, while I am at work. It is during those "free" hours. After work and on the weekends that are getting tough for me. I know part of the reason why I have been struggling is because I have things happening in my life that have a tendency to upset "the apple cart". Now don't get me wrong I know life happens. There is always going to be something going on and things happening. But I am still, even now as the school year ends, trying to come to grips with all of the "extra" things that go on now that both of my girls are in school. The older they get the busier I get...lol. And little things like the insurance company telling you that they aren't going to re-new one of your home-owners policies unless you get a four-point inspection (that lucky me gets to pay for) throws yet another wrench into the wheels of my life. Maybe not normally a huge thing but when your house is as old as mine you start to wonder if it is really worth it. Should I fix the things that need fixing or should I just sell the house and rent some place. Let someone else worry about things as they break or need replacing.

With all the things going on each day I feel like I just run out of time to do the things that I would like to do. The things that I should do. The things that I NEED to do. I like so many other women out there walk around with that constant level of guilt. I constantly feel guilty that...

I don't have enough time to spend with my girls.
I don't have enough time to spend with my husband.
I don't have enough time to spend on my favorite WW boards.
I don't have enough time to workout each day.
I don't have enough time to have time for me.

The list goes on and on. Now I know, if I sat down and really worked out a really precise schedule for myself I might be able to do it all each day, but just when do I find the time to do that? This is where the assistant would help out. They could sit down and work out that schedule for me. They could follow me around all day long and let me know what I need to be doing at that present time. Ahhhh....I can dream can't I?...LOL! I know real life doesn't work that way. And I know eventually I should be able to get things somewhat balanced out. But it sure would be awesome if I had an assistant to do it for me.....LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment